Tuesday, January 5, 2016

First Washi Dress

I'm only titling this entry First Washi Dress because i definitely plan on making more for myself. The pattern is by Made by Rae and the plan was to make it with the tinsel washi fabric i had purchased for Christmas but one thing led to another and i ended up making the Dottie Angel  dress with Tinsel so it left me with the only continuous yardage i had Wiltshire Daisy by Carina Gardner for Riley Blake Designs.

The Fabric is amazing! i know it looks pretty awesome in the photos but trust me it's even prettier in person. I wish it was still available cause it's dreamy.

The pattern was a joy to work with. So far everything i've made for myself has been a pain because i have narrow shoulders and it seems the garments kept sliding off one or both shoulder, or the neckline was gaping or or or or but when i made the  muslin for the washi dress to figure out the fit it felt like it was designed with my specific measurements in mind, it fits like a glove.

Things i learned while making this dress: Shirring. It's super easy.

i plan on buying the expansion kit for this pattern, it provides different necklines and sleeves since i'm certain this will not be my only dress. The pattern can also be made into a tunic, how great is that?





No comments:

Post a Comment