Tuesday, October 1, 2013

What is your favourite thing about autumn? NaBloPoMo


I was raised in a City, Beirut, we call it the cement city since from the moment you land in the airport all you can see around you are buildings made of cinder blocks, high rises, half finished constructions, power lines, billboards and other monstrosities. You really have to go out of the city to be able to see some green sceneries and substantial vegetation of any kind. We do have 4 seasons but the only way you would know it in the city is by checking the temperatures or seeing if it's raining or not. We didn't celebrate Thanksgiving since we were not Americans so there was nothing special to mark the season; no falling leaves, no changing colors, just grab a jacket and an umbrella on your way out the door.

I didn't really start appreciating fall till i moved to the states and specifically after visiting Vermont one year in October with hubby and the in-laws. If it wasn't for the snow in the winter i would move there in a heartbeat. I love how the leaves change colors, it's breathtaking how a single leaf can go through so many shades of greens, yellows, browns and reds in a significantly short period of time.



I love how the temperatures drop ever so slowly gradually. Every day you wake up it's just a little bit cooler. There is a manmade lake close to where we live, when the temperatures start falling at night you can see a light fog hovering over the lake every morning, it's simply beautiful. If i was an early riser or was a fan of the cold weather i would definitely take my camera and camp out there to snap some photos.

Fall is the season opener for my favorite time of the year, Christmas, it's the messenger announcing that the holidays are right around the corner.

Also this may sound cheesy but i look forward to drinking pumpkin spice lattes :)


6 comments:

  1. Beautiful. I liked your post. ~Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful post!! I am happy you enjoyed the fall leaves with hubby and the relatives. Great. Pumpkin spice lattes....those sound good too! Happy fall happy lattes and Merry Christmas to you too!! Sandy of www.sandysanderellasmusings.blogspot.com I also joined your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies. Sandy I tried commenting on your blog but I'm having a problem submitting my comment :) I'm following your blog as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It does sound very different over in Beirut for sure. I don't think I'd like living right in the city either. I like open green spaces. I am spoiled being able to see forests full of leaves changing colour here in rural Ottawa, Ontario. I enjoyed your very descriptive post and I agree that pumpkin spice lattes are delicious and a good way to celebrate fall!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It does sound very different over in Beirut for sure. I don't think I'd like living right in the city either. I like open green spaces. I am spoiled being able to see forests full of leaves changing colour here in rural Ottawa, Ontario. I enjoyed your very descriptive post and I agree that pumpkin spice lattes are delicious and a good way to celebrate fall!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I grew up in the southern US, where you had the long hot season and the cold wet season. I like fall for the colors and the change of season that it is. Pumpkin lattes are the frosting on the season.

    ReplyDelete