Monday, October 21, 2013

even if you fall on your face you're still moving forward - VK - NaBloPoMo

Falling flat on your face? I don't think anyone can say they've never done it, be it figuratively or literally, we've all done it whether when we were 2 years old or 32 years old. Sometimes it seems actually falling on your face is a lot less painful than the figurative falls. The incidents i can remember of me falling on my face (tripping) there's a couple, one of them i was carrying our neighbor's kid and i tripped, don't worry the kid broke my fall hahahahaha just kidding; another incident happened when i was still in boarding school, running down a hill i slipped, fell flat on my face and skinned both my knees it was unbelievably painful.  But i find the figurative way of falling on my face is sometime more painful cause it's not just physical pain that is involved, sometimes it's emotional, mental anguish and physical pain. I've made promises that i've broken to friends and family. I've made bad relationships calls. I've messed up friendships because i wasn't willing to discuss an issue i had with a friend or because i wasn't willing to forgive a friend for a mistake. Every now and then a fall is exactly what we need to keep us grounded and humble however the trick is not to stay down there for too long, just get up and keep walking forward.


1 comment:

  1. Maybe if you fall its time to pray since you're on your knees anyway.
    Wow! I just came up with that! That's deep for almost 10 at night! Go me!

    ReplyDelete