Monday, May 6, 2013

Hannah Group

I'm not sure if you recall me posting about a book I was reading called Hanna's Hope. It's a very good inspirational book for families dealing with conception and loss hardship. Hanna's Hope blossomed to be a ministry to help women during these trying times.

My friend told me about a support group in a church in our area called Hannah Group. The group meets every other Monday and today was our first meeting. I have to say God puts the right people in your life at the exact time you need them. This is a wonderful group of women that I'm happy to share my journey with. They all opened up and shared their stories, some with happy endings some not so much but they're all strong women in their belief and convictions.

We started off by sharing our story and where we are at in our journey, we laughed, we cried and we listened to each other. One of the group facilitators read some devotionals and at the end they all prayed on each of us.

I really encourage anyone who is suffering not to keep suffering alone and in silence. Reach out and find a support group in your area. The group was very supportive despite me sharing that I don't go to church on any regular basis and I'm not into organized religion. They prayed for me to find peace, to be able to better my relationship with God and to get my heart's desire. Just what THE DR prescribed.

They also gave me a book :)




No comments:

Post a Comment