Friday, May 24, 2013

Book Club - The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

Recently i joined a book club that my friends had started a few months back.

This wednesday was the first time i attended. We read the Fault in Our Stars by John Green. I had never read any of his work and i don't know if i will read any of it in the future. I usually don't go for books addressed to teenagers, that's never my first choice but i guess that's the nice thing about book clubs they get you out of your comfort zone.

The book is about 2 teenagers, Hazel and Augustus, 16 and 17 year olds who fall in love. My problem with the book is that i couldn't believe teenagers talk the way the characters talk in the book. To me it seemed as if Hazel is John Green, Augustus is John Green, heck basically most of the main characters were smart, witty, always knew what to say (same as the author) and that's not my experience with real life people. Besides them having cancer they seemed just perfect teenagers if there is such a thing. So i rated it as a 3 star.

Our next book is BossyPants, Tina Fey. I'm ready for some humor.

I made some new friends and it seems i will lose a friend who is moving to Hawaii. The food and company was great... i heard the drinks were amazing as well.






3 comments:

  1. Makes me want to read a book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You heard the drinks were good? Because you are on fertility diet or??

    ReplyDelete
  3. i just don't drink and drive, and i'm not a big fan of alcohol

    ReplyDelete