Sunday, February 10, 2013

2013 Vision Board

One of our 2013 goals is to stay positive and keep our spirits up through life's ups and downs.  I have been trying my best to only say/think positive things (even though sometimes that is proving to be very hard). I pat myself on the back knowing that at least i'm trying to find ways to stay positive since that seems to be essential in order for us not to fall into a rut.

I recently listened to a webinar at the Positively Fertile website and one of their recommendations is to make a vision board, something to keep you positive and motivated. Inspiration also came from a quote. I can't recall where i read or who said this quote that seems to have grown on me so much, "Everything is energy and that's all there is to it. Match the Frequency of the reality you want and you cannot help but get that reality. It can be no other way. This is not philosophy. This is physics". I'd like to believe i can MAKE my reality.

I searched online for some cork boards to start my vision board however most were either too pricey, no less than $40, or they were too simplistic so i set out to make my own. I wanted it to be fabric covered, i purchased a plain cork board from Michaels $7, 1 yard or fabric from Joan for around $9 and a box of push pins for a couple of bucks. I already had white paint. I wasn't going for the distressed look for the edges but since the wood was glossy the paint wouldn't stick to it well and i ended up liking the way it turned out.

The board is by no means considered done, it will be a work in progress throughout the year. Please let me know what you think of the board and if you have any suggestions.













No comments:

Post a Comment