Thursday, January 24, 2013

I Like Stalkers..... Songs

Have you ever had one of those moments when you are singing along with a song and you realize what the lyrics are really saying? Then you realize it's really very creepy and you have been singing it for who knows how long. Together with a couple of girls at work we've been noticing more and more some songs are very stalker themed. So we put together a short list of the most recent songs we had the pleasure of hearing, I'm sure there are more, but here's what we have, and Indeed the line between love and obsession can be so thin, so check out these creepers below. Imagine your own stalker serenading you to one of those lovely numbers.


Bing Crosby: Baby it's Cold Outside

"... Talk about not taking NO for an answer, changing the subject often and using the weather as an excuse to prevent the lady from leaving... Run Lola Run and don't drink anything he gives you..."

Baby it's cold outside
I gotta go away
Baby it's cold outside

My mother will start to worry
Beautiful what's your hurry?
My father will be pacing the floor
Listen to the fireplace roar
So really I better scurry
Beautiful please don't hurry

I simply must go
But baby it's cold outside
The answer is no
But baby it's cold outside
My sister will be suspicious
Gosh your lips look delicious!
My brother will be there at the door
Waves upon a tropical shore
My maiden aunts mind is vicious
Gosh your lips are delicious!



Richard Marx: Right Here

"You're not running away from this fella', wherever you go he'll be right there, waiting, for you, oh goodie!!!!"

Wherever you go
Whatever you do
I will be right here waiting for you
Whatever it takes
Or how my heart breaks
I will be right here waiting for you


Stalker/Voyeurism - The Police/Sting: Wherever You Go

"I can imagine him with binoculars sitting, breathing heavily, ogling his object of affection... Creeeeeeper!!!!"

Every breath you take
And every move you make
Every bond you break
Every step you take
Ill be watching you

Every single day
And every word you say
Every game you play
Every night you stay
Ill be watching you

Oh, cant you see
You belong to me


Animotion: Obsession

"911 on speed dial for this baby right here"

You are an obsession, I cannot sleep
I am a possession unopened at your feet
There is no balance, no equality
Be still I will not accept defeat

I will have you, yes I will have you
I will find a way and I will have you
Like a butterfly, a wild butterfly
I will collect you and capture you

I feed you, I drink you by day and by night
I need you, I need you by sun or candlelight
You protest, you want to leave
You say there's no alternative


My fantasy has turned to madness
All my goodness has turned to badness
My need to possess you has consumed my soul
My life is trembling, I have no control

I will have you, yes I will have you
I will find a way and I will have you
Like a butterfly, a wild butterfly
I will collect you and capture you

Tommy Tutone: Jenny

"No explanation needed for this one, how creepy is when someone just gets your number off the wall somewhere and obsesses about you? who wouldn't want some obsessed trucker drooling over their imaginary Jenny...? Ewwwww"

Jenny, Jenny, who can I turn to?
You give me something I can hold onto
I know you think I'm like the others before
Who saw your name and number on the wall

Jenny, I got your number,
I need to make you mine.
Jenny, don't change your number,
8-6-7-5-3-0-9 (8-6-7-5-3-0-9)
8-6-7-5-3-0-9 (8-6-7-5-3-0-9)
Jenny, Jenny, you're the girl for me.
You don't know me but you make me so happy.
I tried to call you before but I lost my nerve.
I tried my imagination, but I was disturbed.


The Turtles: Happy Together

"I imagine this guy's room like a scene from one of those Law and Order episodes, when the detectives finally get in to the house he has a wall plastered with the same girl's photos.. a story ending with murder/suicide me thinks"

“Imagine me and you I do
I think about you day and night
It’s only right
To think about the girl you love
And hold her tight
So happy together
If I should call you up invest a dime
And you say you belong to me
And ease my mind
Imagine how the world could be
So very fine
So happy together
I can see me lovin’ nobody but you
For all my life “

Elliott Yamin: Wait for You

It seems like some of the "real lyrics" are left out of the song.  Like hes really saying So baby I will wait for you..... outside of your house.  Creeper!

So baby I will wait for you
Cause I don't know what else I can do
Don't tell me I ran out of time
If it takes the rest of my life

Baby I will wait for you
If you think I'm fine it just ain't true
I really need you in my life
No matter what I have to do I'll wait for you

So why does you pride make you run & hide
Are you that afraid of me?
But I know it's a lie what your keeping inside
Thats not how you want it to be

Baby I will wait for you
Baby I will wait for you
If it's the last thing I do


Lock your doors and draw your shades, sleep tight everyone " Insert Evil Laugh Here"

A Collaboration with my Friend Paige Diaz

1 comment:

  1. I kinda of disagree with your take on: "Baby it's cold outside". Yes, he's not taking no for an answer. It is duet and she agrees to stay for another cigarette and she also says, "Baby, it's cold outside."

    ReplyDelete