Sunday, July 8, 2012
Paula Deen's Italian Pasta Salad
· 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus more for seasoning
· 1 pound bow tie pasta
· 1 cup store-bought balsamic vinaigrette dressing
· 1/4 cup mayonnaise
· 1 tablespoon sugar
· 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
· 1 (4-ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
· 2/3 cup pitted kalamata olives
· 1/2 diced green bell pepper
· 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
· Grated Parmesan, for topping
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over medium heat. Add the pasta cook it according to package directions.
While the pasta is cooking, in a small bowl, whisk together the balsamic vinaigrette, mayonnaise, and sugar.
Drain the pasta well, transfer to a large serving bowl, and let cool. Add the tomatoes, mushrooms, olives, green pepper, salt, to taste, and the black pepper. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to combine. Sprinkle with the cheese, toss lightly, and serve.