Saturday, April 28, 2012

Dream Big


 If you had asked me 10 years ago where do you see yourself in 5 or 10 years I guarantee you my answer would have not been living in the USA. But somehow I feel in the back of my mind this wish was always there even though I didn’t express it aloud never thinking it was a possibility.


I was born in a little country called Lebanon (Middle East), survived a couple of wars even managed to get an education. We didn’t have any family living abroad so the thought of traveling never crossed my mind. We barely managed our day to day expenditures and travelling was a FANTASY to say the least.


My siblings would vouch that as a kid I was never interested in watching Cartoons, I preferred Quantum Leap and Hunter to Mickey Mouse and Tom and Jerry. I always thought it would be so cool to become a cop but obviously not in Lebanon cause American Cops have way nicer uniforms and cars. Well i can't say i pursued my fantasy of becoming a cop but here i am in the USA. Sometimes i pause and just be still in the moment and say it out loud. "I can't believe I'm American”. I feel so Lucky.



No comments:

Post a Comment