Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Dreamscapes


If you live in TX you may have been awaken last night to the sounds and lights of mother nature OR if you are a sound sleeper like my hubby probably you were dreaming away. I woke up at 2:30 am and when I finally fell back sleep around 4:00 am I had a dream. I was in a restaurant attending a celebration of some sort and there was a baby girl in my lap. The baby was less than a year old but not an infant, she was lying across my lap and I kid you not she had a French fry in her hand. I can’t remember any of her features or what she was wearing but I remember she felt warm. It seemed that the child belonged to me. She was drifting asleep and i was staring at her. It felt as if all of it was happening in a vacuum or a bubble, there were lots of people around, people eating and talking but somehow it was all silent and in slow motion. I remember having this serene, content feeling as if I had everything I would ever need; a sense of accomplishment. I don’t know if that’s how it feels to hold your own child but I would like to think it is. I can't wait to dream again. 


1 comment: